Senior UI/UX Designer
—- Submissions without a digital portfolio and cover letter will not be considered —-
UX/UI Design is the bridge between our customers and our engineering efforts. The role of UX/UI designer is to turn our complex software system into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use product for our customers. If you’re willing to expand your skill set, knowledge and experience through working as part of fast-paced, innovative team in the robotics industry, this is the opportunity for you.
- Conduct and lead user research and carry out quantitative and qualitative usability tests to validate features and concepts to continuously improve user experience.
- Understand the underlying robotics and design concepts to maximize market impact and business requirements. Lead the effort in balancing sales, engineering, and user requirements so that the product can be successfully delivered on time.
- Work with extremely talented engineers to identify the technical challenges and constraints for delivering and deploying the next generation of reliable and solid robotics products.
- Communicate with and lead the design effort for producing wireframes for a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Closely communicate with core developers to validate technical feasibilities of design.
- Follow through all stages of implementation, testing, and deployment of the user interfaces so that problems and bottlenecks can be quickly identified and resolved.
- Minimum 8 years of experience including conducting user testing / research and synthesizing the results to reflect them to the design, prototyping and implementation for successful products*This is a UX/UI position, not just a UI / visual designer position. Having understanding of Best User Experience Practices: how to conduct user research and usability testing and having empathy to the user is mandatory*
- Possesses an enterprise / corporate aesthetic and has experience with both a B2B and B2C audience
- Bring deep experience in at least one facet of the 3 facets of design:
1. user research and usability testing
2. information architecture and interaction design or
3. visual design
— It’s ok if you’re not an expert in every specialty. We don’t expect you to know everything – we just want you to be curious enough to want to learn —
- Proficiency in UX/UI software such as Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle, InVision, Zeplin to produce wireframes and hi-fidelity pixel-perfect mockups
- Hands on 3D design experience
- Proven abilities to understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into intuitive design
- Attention to details and solid visual design skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills in English to partner with internal technical and business teams(English-speaking working environment)
- Approaches both end users and internal stakeholders with a mind for customer service while respecting business needs
- Ability to take directions and work as a team player with collaborative attitude
- Business level English
- Interests in B to B Robotics and logistics industry
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a startup feel
Tatsumi office : 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0053 Japan
8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
Flexible depending on the candidate's experience
- Buffet lunch (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- High-end coffee machine (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- Drinks and Snacks (Free)
- Team dinner subsidy
- Gym facilities in the office
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Social Insurance
- Transportation/Commuting Expenses paid
2 full days off guaranteed per week *Holidays follow the company calendar
[*] indicates required field