Computer Vision Engineer (Object Detection & 3D Pose Estimation)
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will be a part of the R&D team within Mujin, focusing on the algorithmic design, development and deployment of the computer vision applications toward the high-speed recognition and the world’s first 3D vision system in factory automation and logistics solutions.
We are hiring to expand the team! Our computer vision algorithms must be robust to run on 24/7 systems for thousands of items per customer, for diverse customers and applications. We must continue to enlarge its capabilities toward more autonomy, scalability, and diversity of applications.
The current team members have done research in the world’s top-tier universities and labs in robotics, computer vision, and image and signal processing, such as at Carnegie Mellon and Stanford. They have also worked in other industries like robotic inspection and automotive.
We are looking for a stellar and dedicated computer vision engineers that can enable robots to intelligently and accurately perceive its surroundings. If you would like to apply real-time computer vision algorithms to robotics and join the industrial automation revolution, this role is for you!
- Solve cutting-edge scientific and technical challenges related to recognition and pose estimation of a very wide variety of objects in challenging scenarios
- Analyze and evaluate state of the art algorithms related to detection and pose estimation, from academic and industrial research, and implement and enhance them in a production environment
- Design, develop, and evaluate the performance of highly scalable and accurate real-time computer vision applications, in Python and C/C++
- Perform detailed test, carry out performance analysis on algorithms and use continuous integration tools to finely enhance the rapidly deployed algorithms
- Experience in software development and software testing. (C++ or Python)
- Experience in software code management using Git and Git wrappers such as GitLab or Github
- Experience in software development in a Linux environment
- Technical communication skills in English (reading and writing strongly emphasized)
- PhD in Computer Vision related topics or MSc with vast computer vision experience
- Expert in 3D pose estimation of textured and textureless objects in cluttered scenes, with proven experience
- Very solid Python and C++ experience
- Experience with a vast set of computer vision libraries
- Solid mathematical background
- Previous contributions to open source projects
- Advanced Linux user
- Extras: object tracking, SLAM, computer graphics, augmented reality, machine learning, exposure to projects in robotics
Tatsumi office : 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0053 Japan
8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
Flexible depending on the candidate's experience
- Buffet lunch (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- High-end coffee machine (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- Drinks and Snacks (Free)
- Team dinner subsidy
- Gym facilities in the office
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Social Insurance
- Transportation/Commuting Expenses paid
2 full days off guaranteed per week *Holidays follow the company calendar
[*] indicates required field