3D Sensor Engineer
You will be part of the core R&D team within MUJIN and will focus on 3D sensor engineering, algorithmic design, and development and deployment of sensor and 3D computer vision related applications. We work in a fast paced, agile environment, where we constantly collaborate, peer review ideas, and test proposed solutions. We encourage continuous learning and brainstorming of ideas within the team. You will need to:
- Propose novel 3D sensor designs that are affordable, accurate, fast, and target the specifications of at least one of the several applications of interest.
- Develop and/or improve algorithms for computing accurate 3D point-clouds from acquired data.
- Work with computer vision experts to develop optimal object detection and pose estimation algorithms under different sensor modalities.
- Support field engineers who run into sensor issues.
- Integrate new sensors into existing computer vision framework.
- MSc Degree or higher in computer science or related fields.
- 3+ years of academic or work experience in sensor engineering.
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++.
- Experience in creating computationally efficient code.
- Ability to turn academic ideas into high-quality code.
- Excellent knowledge in linear algebra and/or signal processing.
- Highly enthusiastic about robotics.
- PhD in topics related to sensor design or MSc with vast sensor engineering experience.
- Expert in real-time 3D sensor engineering, e. g. structured light, active stereo, etc., for computer vision, with proven experience.
- Very solid Python and C++ experience.
- Experience with a vast set of computer vision and sensor libraries.
- Experience in calibrating complex 3D vision sensors.
- Solid mathematical background.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Advanced Linux user.
- Extras: 3D sensors, machine vision, camera projector, structured light, laser scan, bin-picking, exposure to projects in robotics.
Tatsumi office : 3-8-5 Tatsumi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0053 Japan
8:45～17:45 (Includes 1-hour break)
Flexible depending on the candidate's experience
- Buffet lunch (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- High-end coffee machine (Free) →Read in Mujin blog.
- Drinks and Snacks (Free)
- Team dinner subsidy
- Gym facilities in the office
- No dress code (You can dress casually)
- Social Insurance
- Transportation/Commuting Expenses paid
2 full days off guaranteed per week *Holidays follow the company calendar
[*] indicates required field